Four forgotten matching bishop chairs found in storage. Second sanctuary was built in 1910 but gutted by fire in 1911. These chairs were most likely gifted to the church after the fire and used on the chancel (stage) by the ministers and deacons during worship services. The third, and present, sanctuary was built in 1973 and these chairs were likely placed in a top floor storage room at that time and forgotten.
Each chair weighs about 30 pounds. Original red velveteen upholstery and beautiful quarter-sawn oak. Some repair is needed to seat cushions on 2 (see photos) new webbing and re-tie of springs, but these are in near-immaculate original condition. Red upholstery is in good condition - very little wear but braided edging needs to be reattached in a few places.
Original wood finish is in great condition with a nice patina - very little wear. Would be beautiful in a dining room or entry hall/foyer. Church is clearing forgotten storage areas as part of our "Forward Together" post-COVID restart campaign. Sale benefits landscape restoration projects.Chairs are also for sale locally. Listing may be cancelled at any time. This item is in the category "Antiques\Furniture\Chairs". The seller is "baileybeck1" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.